Monday, February 21, 2011

Light of Day

by Jamie M. Saul

A few weeks ago, I happened upon a Borders' bookstore that was closing and had marked down their remaining inventory. Though the top two floors had already been seriosly picked over, I hit jackpot in the basement with books marked down to 99 cents!!

I picked up several, including "Light of Day," and figured that at 99 cents each, I'd lump any bad ones as a loss and happily put the $6 total I spent towards the one good one.

I haven't read them all yet, but so far? "Light of Day" makes the entire purchase worth it.

Why?

OH MY GOD.

Compelling storyline.

Amazing characters.

Intruiging friendships.

Revealing sub-plot flashbacks.

Twists and turns.

Everything, absolutely everything, requires you to keep turning the pages until you find out what's next. In the first ten pages alone, you meet Jack Owens, the character who will chart the course of the rest of the book through his actions and memories, and learn that he's a man haunted by the past- despite having left and moved to a small town to escape it.

And that's where the body is found.

I won't give away anything more, because you quite simply just have to go read this book, if you're the sort who enjoys intruige, suspense, and questions that don't always have answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment