Monday, February 7, 2011

The Rest Of Her Life and While I'm Falling

by Laura Moriarty



I was trolling around in the bargain areas at Borders when I discovered "While I'm Falling" by Laura Moriarty. The book cover was intruiging enough, but what really grabbed me was the single-sentence review on the cover.



"Moriarty keeps getting better and better."- Jodi Picoult.



JODI. PICOULT.



Um, confession. I might have a slight obsession author crush fondness for Jodi Picoult.



The kind that makes me run out and buy every single one of her books, the day it comes out, in hard cover, at full price.



Ahem.



Anyway, I figured that any book Jodi liked I'd be a fan of as well, so I picked up "While I'm Falling," and discovered a gem of a novel about the events in a character's life surrounding the first time she falls in love, including her relationship with her mother as her parents own marriage is questioned.



Later in the year I also picked up (or somehow acquired- it's possible, in fact, that this was one of my mother's book club picks that she passed along to me) "The Rest of Her Life," another Moriarty book with a Picoult endorsement on the cover. This one, again, focuses largely on the relationship between mother and daughter following a tragic accident.



In both, her characters are incredibly realistic and well done. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment